Home > Perfumes and Fragrances >
The House of Creed was founded in 1760 when James Henry Creed opened his first shop in London. It rapidly became a favourite of the aristocracy and soon Queen Victoria appointed Creed as an official supplier to the royal household.
In 1854, under the patronage of Empress Eugénie, the House of Creed moved to Paris where it established a firm reputation for the rare beauty, quality and exclusivity of its fragrances.
Today Olivier Creed, direct descendant of James Henry Creed, and now his son Erwin continue this great tradition.
As the company’s “Créateur Pafumeur” Olivier travels extensively to personally seek out the purest rose essences from Bulgaria, Turkey or Morocco as well as Italian jasmine, irises from Florence, Tuberose from India or genuine Parma violets.
1822. During the reign of Louis XVIII, Edmond Coudray, doctor-chemist, started to supply Eaux de Cologne, creams, soaps, salves and pomades to the greatest crowned heads. He soon began to concoct luxurious perfumes for them.
The company never changed its name and under its different owners remained true to its founding principles of tradition, quality and refinement.